Becoming a Smarter and Safer City
Jaipur, also known as the ‘Pink City,’ is nearly 300 years old with rich cultural heritage. It is also one of the top tourist destinations in India that attracts over 40 million tourists every year. Because of the massive number of visitors, there was a need to improve the quality of services that the city provides to the local residents as well as the visitors.
Making the city of Jaipur smarter and safer is the priority of Jaipur Development Authority (JDA). At the same time, the solutions need to be cost-effective and affordable. What if the city could use readily available smart city solutions to boost the quality of public services? The city therefore approached the consortium comprising Cisco, Tvilight, Bajaj and HFCL.
Open API-Based Smart Street Lighting
Public perception of safety improves with better illuminated streets. Tvilight provided Jaipur with innovative intelligent lighting solution, which includes award-winning motion sensors and wireless controllers capable of adjusting the brightness levels of streetlights based on real-time human presence.
Using the collaborative solution, Jaipur can now collect valuable data and create lighting profiles that match the unique illumination requirements of specific locations in the city.
In addition, with the Open API based streetlights, Jaipur now has the means to integrate multiple smart city applications such as smart parking nodes, environment sensors, Wi-Fi hotspots and surveillance systems – all connected and interoperable through a centralized smart city dashboard.
Seamless Integration with Cisco Kinetic
& Luminaries from Bajaj Electricals
- Reduction in energy consumption, CO2 emissions and light pollution
- Better maintenance and accountability
- Remote monitoring, management and control of the entire lighting infrastructure
- Open API allows easy integration with 3rd party applications
- Automatic reports and diagnosis help tracking luminaire health and performance
- Better electrical infrastructure extends asset lifetime
- Improved public safety perception as streetlights illuminate automatically
- Enhances city aesthetics through better lighting quality